Wednesday, February 1, 2012

i had a happy booty to ya, too

(some of) the loot: massage pillow, hanging jewelry organizer, flowers, pretty bow, olive oil soap, adorable shoes, and trans america.

there was also a snickers bar, but i ate it.
oh, and other lovely gifts that arrived via mail or internet after i took the picture.

i love those shoots.

ben pampered me all day: he came home from work early. AND demonstrated on me the proper usage of a facedown massage pillow. AND ordered pizza with toppings of my choice. AND drove me to young women, where, unbeknownst to me, there was a cake in my honor. AND read to me when we got home.

mother nature gave me a balmy 55 degree day, so i frolicked like these mice.
mother nicea always finds the cutest wrapping paper.
it's even reversible.

there were no candles to count. the young women asked me if i was turning twenty. i said yes, i'm turning twenty for the twelfth time. i'm pretty sure i did the math right.

5 comments:

  1. I had a surprise cake at YW's on my birthday once too! It was great, but the best part was how for ever after Mike was thought of as the best husband ever in the eyes of the YW.
    Glad your birthday was good, the shoes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did he pick the shoes out himself? Very cute! Pretty flowers and sounds like a wonderful day! You deserve it! Love ya cuz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @shaina - the cake was actually a surprise from the yw president. but ben gave me lots of other great surprises.

    @jana - the shoes were from my mom, but i picked them out. and yes, it was a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!! What great stuff! Sounds like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a most excellent birfday! Love you, annie!!!

    ReplyDelete